— How to Sing Using Diaphragm
To sing with power and control,you must learn the importance of proper breath support through
Strong diaphragm control can improve anyone’s singing voice and give you the support you need to
hit and maintain a variety of notes.
1. Notice how your chest rises and falls with normal breathing.
To sing well, you must learn to use your entire lung system and the diaphragm.
2. Find the diaphragm.This muscle system surrounds your lungs and is attached at the ribs.
Its primary function is to regulate inhalation by descending when you inhale and controlling your
breath as you exhale.
3. Prepare to sing by taking a deep breath. You shouldn’t feel like you’re forcing your stomach to
4. Hold your hand in front of your mouth as you exhale slowly.
If your breath feels warm and moist, you’re engaging your diaphragm muscles properly and
controlling the exhalation of your breath.
5. Strive for your stomach to naturally move inward as you exhale.
Pushing or forcing air out as you sing doesn’t create a good vocal tone, and puts strain on the
To learn more about How to sing better, please visit: